Investor Visa has been designed to make people settle in USA by investing a large sum of money without borrowing, the following minimum qualifying capital dollar amounts in a qualifying commercial enterprise:
- $1,000,000 (U.S.); or
- $500,000 (U.S.) in a high-unemployment or rural area, considered a targeted employment area.
The investor must create full-time jobs for at least 10 U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, or other immigrants authorized to work in the United States, not including the investor and the investor’s spouse, sons, or daughters.
There are four Immigrant investor visa categories. They are:
- Employment creation outside a targeted area – C5
- Employment creation in a targeted rural/high unemployment area – T5
- Investor Pilot Program not in a targeted area – R5
- Investor Pilot Program in a targeted area – I5
- Filing of Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur (this fee is charged by USCIS)- $1,500
- Medical examination and required vaccinations (costs vary)
- Other costs may include: translations; photocopying charges; fees for obtaining the documents you need for the immigrant visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.); and expenses for travel to the U.S. embassy or consulate for your visa interview. Costs vary from country to country and case to case